Sunday, April 5, 2009

Enchilada Crockpot Casserole

Well...I have been posting enough recipes lately that it is sort of taking over the family blog, so I think it is time to branch out a little! I love to try out new recipes...I will post my favorites for all to share. If you have a favorite that you would like to share, feel free to post it as a comment! Thanks for visiting me at Dinner with Debra!

Enchilada Crockpot Casserole

Someone that my college roommate knows has great recipes on her blog...I don't know this girl at all, I just know her name is Kari...but I sure love her recipes! We tried this one...I modified the original recipe a bit so that it wouldn't be too spicy for the kids:

1 1/2 Tbsp. diced green chilis
1/2 cup of your favorite salsa
4 chopped scallions
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 cups shredded cooked chicken (to save time I used precut frozen fajita chicken)
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (10 oz.) can enchilada sauce

2 eggs)
1 package Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 1/2 cups (6 oz) shredded Mexican cheese (or whatever kind you like)


For garnish - sour cream, salsa, cilantro

1. Place the chilis and the rest of the ingredients through enchilada sauce into the cooker; stir well. Cover with lid and cook on LOW for 4 hours.

2. Combine corn muffin mix and eggs in a bowl. Spoon batter evenly over the bean mixture in the cooker. Cover and cook 1-1 1/2 hours until the crust is done.

3. Sprinkle the cheese over the corn bread, turn off the crockpot and let it sit 5-10 minutes until the cheese melts. Top each serving with a tablespoon of sour cream and additional cilantro/salsa if desired. Makes about 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment